Tuesday, August 08, 2006

In the green- well kind of!

Haven't written for the last couple of days cos variance was making me its bitch and I didn't want to be constantly moaning about it.

But finally last night I had a decent final table placing- came 4th in a 400 player $50 party regular for $1351. Was in a 50 5o deal with Stabec so only half of that can be added towards the target.

Also made a final in a $22 shootout but didn't make final 3 so profits from that were only a couple of hundred $.

Now I think I'm in the green! Not exactly sure as I didn't record my bankroll exactly but I'm pretty sure I had close to $10,000 and I now have $10,325. Although I did find a few hundred in bodog that I'd forgotten about :)

So, now have :

Bankroll: $10,325

Target: $14,000 (By august 31st)


Admittedly, its not goin great- but at least I'm not down! And I think
its still a realistic target!

Below is a hand that I'd like some feedback on. I think it is a very marginal decision:

************************************************************************************

So its down to 4 in the $55 regular:

NL Texas Holdem Trny:27065412 Level:18 Blinds-Antes(10000/20000-500) - Monday, August 07, 21:42:57 ET 2006
Table Regular(787793) Table #1 (Real Money)
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 2: hanzfat ( $107030 )

Seat 6: Jamesmcc25 ( $515345 )- very tight no idea how to play his stack

Seat 3: friedtofu ( $453268 ) - same v tight- folded a lot when he had amazing odds to call

Seat 7: crainology04 ( $82357 ) - very aggressive has been hanging on for a while by pushing relentlessly
Trny:27065412 Level:18
Blinds-Antes(10000/20000-500)

** Dealing down cards **

Dealt to hanzfat [ 3c 3s ]


crainology04 is all-In [81857] He is under the gun with blinds at 10k-20k- I am 90% he pushes here with any 2 cards

hanzfat is all-In [106530] Question is- was this the right play? I figure I am a slight favourite against his range . However even if he pushes with any 2 im extrememly likely to be racing at best. Things that make this decision hard are: I can push next hand and it is likely to fold so +ev from folding. But also if I win this hand I feel I can dick on the remaining two players who are obviously sweating the money which gives extra value to pushing (if I win). Another thing to think about is the remaining two players- they may find a hand and bust crain. However as I have more chips I will at least come 3rd if one of them finds a hand and busts us both

friedtofu folds.
Jamesmcc25 folds.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 8d, 9c, Kc ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 8h ]
** Dealing River ** [ 4s ]
crainology04 shows [ Ad, Ks ] two pairs, kings and eights.
hanzfat shows [ 3c, 3s ] two pairs, eights and threes.
hanzfat wins 24673 chips from side pot #1 with two pairs, eights and threes.
crainology04 wins 195714 chips from the main pot with two pairs, kings and eights.

The outcome doesn't really matter just want to know what you think the right play is! Jambon I know you'd fold this in a second.

************************************************************************************

Anyways gonna play most nights this week! Hopefully will get closer to the $4k target!

1 Comments:

Blogger skegvegaspoker said...

Hand 1: It is probably a fold IMO, not really worth the risk for the reward there.

Hand 2: I like lots - and was definately a bad beat story in disguise (very poorly). Seriously though, you have to bet the flop and I really like the flat call to the re-raise for the reasons you stated. And you can't let him hit the 4th diamond for free. Only other option is betting the turn, but he would re-raise and you would have to call for the AdK type hands, deeming that pointless.

Variance is awesome - keep going, get the pretty kind of variance and bag yourself that dream motor. Good luck mate.

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home