Friday, June 20, 2008

Inbetween games!

I'm currently sitting at a couple of tables waiting for some heads up. I figured out that the fish come to you if you sit and wait. Obviously fish don't sit at tables on their own waiting for action, they just sit where there is already someone to play against. So, if you join a table with someone on it, they are usually a regular. This may seem obvious, but i only really thought about it recently.

I've made a little come back since my last post. Brought it made $2k or something like that. It's just nice to not follow one rough day with another. I've upped my aggression slightly and my 3-betting. I found i was playing a little weak and not putting enough pressure on my opponents. I start off my 3-betting with suited connectors, AQ+ and TT+. If they start calling light then i drop most of the connectors from my range and add in more broad ways and 88+. I found this to be an effective counter strategy to people who defend 3-bets too light, as they are often dominated.